Red, especially red aggro is the color I always have the hardest time balancing.
So, for February, there may not be a lot of changes, but the ones so far are focused on red.
- Chandra, Flamecaller moves from testing to a permanent home.
- Goblin Darkdwellers moves from testing to a permanent home.
- Reckless Bushwacker moves from testing to a permanent home.
- Price of Progress – Not directly aimed at Justin’s style of decks, but with as many non basics as I include, Red should use a way to punish it.
- Incendiary Command – I love all the commands, and may eventually run all 10.
- Stone rain – ways to stop manlands, throw the non aggro player off their step.
- Sulfuric Vortex – I love lifelink and lifegain, but here needs to be some counterplay.
- Daretti, Scrap Savant
- Bosh, Iron Golem
- Slash Panther
- Taurean Mauler
- Rage Forger
- Curse of Stalked Prey
- Ion Storm
Daretti and Bosh are some of my pet cards, and I did well with them about 5-6 months ago. In the last 4 months, both have been sideboard cards 100% of the time.
Slash Panther was added last month to complete a cycle of phyrexian mana and add a red artifact.
The other 4 were to try to give red part of the +1 counter theme. Ion Storm and Rage forger were both stuck in sideboards. Taurean Mauler is a little slow and curse of stalked prey suffers in comparison to the green version.